dollification. doll fetish. dolls. dolly. dollie. dollific.

dollification: the process of evolving, mentally and physically, into a "living doll."
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:31 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Beauty: A litttle Discouraged
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:36 pm 

A lot of the doll pictures show the most incredibly beautiful women. I don't mean the make up, I mean their hair and figures etc. I just recently became interested in this, but now I'm a little dicouraged.

I weigh 18stone (250lbs) so my hips, bum and stomach are large, I also have quite a round face and piercings. I wonder, would anyone (ever, not just in here) be interested in making me a doll do you think? Or are people only interested in Barbie figuers and model look-a-likes.

Post subject: Re: Beauty: A litttle Discouraged
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:10 pm 

I'm not sure about many of the others round here, but I'd be more then happy to help you. It shouldn't matter what people look like if it's what they want to do.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:28 pm 

I agree it dose not matter a maker can work with any blank and come out with a usable doll
What kind of doll have you thought of being
You can find dolls with the shape you have Rosesanne is one that come to mind right off the bat
Dont feel that you not a good doll blank tell you ask and look for a toy maker
just tell some of you doll wants and see who replies

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:04 am 

Thank you all for posting about this subject. I was wondering the same thing. I do not have a traditional type beauty but very much like being all dolled up and acting dollific. I just get discouraged that I may not be the ideal form of a doll. I wasn't sure if an Owner actually put that much value into the actual look of their doll. Does the Owner just enjoy molding a product that the doll wishes to create? I think quirkiness is a plus for a doll as well as non traditional beauty it gives a unique feel to each doll. I'm just not entirely sure how the Owners view this? Is the doll creation more of a mental aspect rather than a physical one?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:33 pm 

As a doll creator myself, one thing ive always came to understand is just like real dolls, each one is different. If every doll out there sold looked exactly alike, why would people buy them? Its the individualness of each doll thats makes it specific to a certain collector.
In my opinion, its the doll makers job to make the best possible doll from the base mold he is given and NOT the dolls job to mold themselves into what they think the doll maker wants.
Tall, short, thick, thin, it doesnt Matter when it comes to dolly, it all about the mental aspects of actually creating the doll, not how sexy the dolls look. I have seen what some would call "noprmal" bodes on females and thought them the ugliest women ive seen, and on the same token, seen some large ladies who were drop dead goregious. So all large potential dollies, keep in mind, a good dollmaker will know exactly how to make you the perfect dolly.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:07 pm 

Thank you Trixter90, to many out there will only consider people to make into a doll who are really good looking. Personally I think any doll maker who can take an average or ugly person and turn them into a very pretty doll is a great doll maker. I mean, anyone can take a pretty person and turn them into a pretty doll.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:28 am 

My pleasure, true beauty does lie within as I always say.