dollification. doll fetish. dolls. dolly. dollie. dollific.

dollification: the process of evolving, mentally and physically, into a "living doll."
It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:07 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Masks
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:33 pm 

You chose a doll for her pretty face, but sometimes you don't want to see it. either she's displeased you, or you know that your enjoyment will be ruined by her expression, or perhaps.. You have a desire to use her body and imprint thoughts of another.

A mask.

I have a collection of masks, each with different characteristics. I even have a few that are definitely "Owner's only"

Venetian Masks

Beautifully delicate and decadent. usually very light, available with such a huge array of designs. full face, or leaving the mouth free for.. whatever reason. Wonderful for lounging with your doll. These are usually made from some form of mache, ranging from paper to silk to weave. These tend to be very light, but prone to smashing. They are also very expensive. A combination not very forgiving of any rough play.
I tend to use these on a doll, in combination with a nice red velvet cushion, just to create an interesting decoration, or center piece.

Blank Masks
Wonderfully inobtuse, perfect for your use of the doll to take out acts on those not present. (hmm, a living voodoo doll, now there's an idea). Also, there's the added bonus of reminding you of one of the sexiest CGI characters ever...
These can be found made of papier mache or ceramics, but tend on the whole to be plastic. Not the most attractive of materials, though it does have that very "Toyetic" feeling. They can be quite heavy, but are also quite durable (I have whipped someone across the face whilst they wore one of these). If you are using a plastic mask, and want to decorate it, sandpaper first to create a rough surface, then paint.

Ceramic Masks
Again like the Venetian masks, expensive and prone to damage, though with the added disadvantage of weight too. Most are produced as wall hanging decorations, so why would you even consider putting one on your doll?
Well, fot me, the feel of the ceramic under your fingers is so incredibly doll like. Remenicent of the porcelain dolls of the 19th century. the fact they will remain cool to the touch for a very long time is another draw.

In General...
Try a blindfold under a mask to obscure even the eyes of a doll, creating a perfect blank canvas for play.

MORE TO FOLLOW, JUST MAKING A START

Last edited by Rubberwitch on Sun Jun 08, 2008 6:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:43 pm 

~Smiling as I watched that show on saturday mornings all the time~

"Yes, masks can be a great boon to the Master/Owner as a way to flavor a doll, add to her that special something, take away her humanity and make her unrecognizable even to her closest friends as they know not who's behind the mask."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:08 pm 

Being artistic (and virtually skint) I am actually decorating some plastic masks to wear. I'd love Venetian masks and there's a shop nearish to me that sells some amazing ones.

I've loved masks for years, they are one of my favourite things ever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:56 am 

>>I have a collection of masks, each with different characteristics. I even have a few that are definitely "Owner's only"

Why would a mask be "owner's only"?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:05 am 

Tengu masks, Fencing masks. Things I wear for hunting and psychological play which I would not want to see on my doll. Masks on a top/owner are always interesting for say... scees that involve chases through woods. because who's to say the masked figure who finds you is necessarily the same one who set out after you?

Post subject: Re: Masks
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:53 am 

Hi

Are there any doll like masks available to buy online for Halloween? I made an entry on the blog about the film The Strangers and figured the masks would be out just in time.

xx

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:43 pm 

How about sheer stocking masks instead of makeup? Smoothes skin tone and if carefully fitted, doesn't distort features.
With a wig, an ultra sheer skin tone mask is nearly invisible.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 4:00 pm 

I like mynylons suggestions of the shear nylons. Great suggestion
Mistress Andrea

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:02 am 

I'm so glad you brought this up, I'm beginning to think I have a mask fetish. lol There is one in particular I love, it's a simple eye mask, like robin from batman, but chrome metal. So beautiful, and I would love to wear it during play. Other than that, I have been thinking of using a latex mask for my doll, since it is an interest for both of us.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:19 pm 

Hi.I use a mask.And I think that my face is ok.
https://fetlife.com/users/1036390/pictures/11236515