dollification. doll fetish. dolls. dolly. dollie. dollific.

dollification: the process of evolving, mentally and physically, into a "living doll."
It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:26 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: The (Virtually) No-Sew Tutu Tuorial!
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:59 pm 

Hi all! This thread does exactly what it says on the tin. For those that would like a tutu but without the dent in the wallet, yet aren't so hot with sewing. Right to get started you will need:

inch wide elastic
a needle
thread
netting (the ammount will vary depending on the length and puffyness of your tutu) mine used 2 meters

To start measure your waist. This will give you the length you need to cut your elastic to.

Cut the elastic slightly over this amount, it will need to have a slight overlap for you to sew the two ends together.

Sew the two ends of the elastic together

Now the sewing is out of the way

Work out how long you want the tutu to be and then double it. Cut this away from what is left of the netting.

Streach your ring of elastic over something to streach it out (I use a chair).

Now with doubled over netting cut this into strips, starting at the fold and then to the two seperate ends.

With your strips you should have a hoop at one end. Fold the hoop over the elastic and run the ends of the netting through the loop.

Pull this tight, and continue doing this untill the elastic is covered by the loops of netting.

Wear and enjoy!

By the end you should have a tutu that looks a bit like this: http://thefetishsaloon.com/protected/rubjune082/m/017.jpg

I've never done a tutorial before so I do hope everyone understood what I was going on about. PM me or leave a message here and I'll answer.