dollification. doll fetish. dolls. dolly. dollie. dollific.

dollification: the process of evolving, mentally and physically, into a "living doll."
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:14 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: PROTOCOL
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:58 am 

It strikes me, that if dolls are ever traded, sold, or just given away, perhaps some standards of protocol should be developed.

Opinions?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:26 am 

what sort of protocol?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:03 pm 

I definitely believe TCP/IP should be included. That way you have error control and redundancy!

"There are two kinds of strengths: the strength to lead, and the strength to follow; the strength to control, and the strength yield. There are two kinds of power: the power to strip away another's soul bare, and the power to stand naked."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:33 pm 

absinthe.faerie wrote:
I definitely believe TCP/IP should be included. That way you have error control and redundancy!

And WAP, for mobility?

The language of the heart

PJ Harvey

Ken Zen Ichi Nyo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:24 pm 

Glares. May your DNS's be flagged and your MAC codes be barred offendi

I am so tempted to make a comment about finding out if 'Sinthe is 'backwards compatible'
:P

I guess I should have thought better than to put a "bookmark" post up...

I mean developing a set of references and terms to describe training, set behaviours etc..

slightly more serious opinions?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:16 pm 

Honestly, the fun of training your own exact way is part of the excitement.

"There are two kinds of strengths: the strength to lead, and the strength to follow; the strength to control, and the strength yield. There are two kinds of power: the power to strip away another's soul bare, and the power to stand naked."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:08 am 

Though, I'd like to point out that using consistent language and terminology would be nice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:30 am 

It is an interesting topic for discussion. I agree that training to one's own specifications is what gives most satisfaction in the long term, but the general idea is not a bad one. Since we all have our own interests and enthusiasms, and train in our own ways, I think it would be useful to create something specific to each individual doll, rather than trying to standardise.

If ownership of a doll is to be transferred, either on a temporary or permanent basis, perhaps each doll should have an owner's manual to detail the level and type of training and capabilities. This would give the one(s) taking on ownership an idea of the specific attributes of the doll, which would be very useful particularly for short-term transfers of ownership. It would also help to begin an assessment of what training or retraining might be needed or desired in the case of long-term or permanent transfers.

Following on from this idea, consistency (or at least parameters) for terminology and language would certainly be beneficial for general discussion, and in the creation of the type of documentation I've described.

PJ Harvey

Ken Zen Ichi Nyo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:12 am 

OK, I'll start.

ROAMING MODE:
A predefined state in which a doll may act as a friend, partner, colleague, or other "vanilla" acquaintence in public, still aware of her roll as a doll, allowing you to enjoy her company in public, without either promoting your tastes beyond the tastes of common decency, or breaking the power exchange. This could be designed around a vocal command, though I like the idea of a simple change to a physical object. My last doll had an O training ring which, in roaming mode, was worn with the plain band facing up, and we spun to reveal the terret in order to return her to passive dollness.

J&C

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:51 pm 

Rubberwitch wrote:
OK, I'll start.

ROAMING MODE:
A predefined state in which a doll may act as a friend, partner, colleague, or other "vanilla" acquaintence in public, still aware of her roll as a doll, allowing you to enjoy her company in public, without either promoting your tastes beyond the tastes of common decency, or breaking the power exchange. This could be designed around a vocal command, though I like the idea of a simple change to a physical object. My last doll had an O training ring which, in roaming mode, was worn with the plain band facing up, and we spun to reveal the terret in order to return her to passive dollness.

J&C

On one level, I like this, because it's snappy and quite descriptive. On another, it sounds a little too 'technological' to me, perhaps more suited to a robot than a doll. Personally, I would prefer something like 'free state' or 'soft dynamic'.

This is why I suggested we might seek to establish parameters rather than a rigid set of terms and definitions, to reflect different approaches to the process.

No problem with your definition, though....and I love the idea of using the ring or some other physical representation to define the current status or a change in that status.

PJ Harvey

Ken Zen Ichi Nyo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:35 pm 

SeigiNingyoushi wrote:
Rubberwitch wrote:
OK, I'll start.

ROAMING MODE:

J&C

On one level, I like this, because it's snappy and quite descriptive. On another, it sounds a little too 'technological' to me, perhaps more suited to a robot than a doll. Personally, I would prefer something like 'free state' or 'soft dynamic'.

This is why I suggested we might seek to establish parameters rather than a rigid set of terms and definitions, to reflect different approaches to the process.

No problem with your definition, though....and I love the idea of using the ring or some other physical representation to define the current status or a change in that status.

Very technical descriptions, by no means a bad thing.

I agree that parameters are a first step; you don't begin construction of a house with the basement fixtures. Certainly good things to keep in mind, not to be over looked.

I too like the idea of a physical representation. I however don't believe such a representation is well suited by the rotation of a ring. This could happen without intent if the ring were worn at all times. I prefer clear association, for example; if a collar is placed on the neck of a doll, they are to resume active doll state.

Which reminds me of a movie: "Danny the Dog" http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0342258/ when a collar was removed from Danny it would trigger killer instincts.

If one is going to use physical representation I believe a doll should be explicitly trained from day one with said object. That object could change, but placement would not. At no time would anything be worn at/on/around the placement area unless meant to signify active doll state.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:39 am 

PuppetMaster wrote:
I too like the idea of a physical representation. I however don't believe such a representation is well suited by the rotation of a ring. This could happen without intent if the ring were worn at all times. I prefer clear association, for example; if a collar is placed on the neck of a doll, they are to resume active doll state.

Well, it could be quite entertaining if the doll is required to revert to doll state whenever the ring is turned, even by accident :D

The collar is of course a traditional way to signify the boundaries of 'scene' and 'non-scene' spaces, but with me the submissive is expected to wear her collar at all times (different collars for different situations). So the ring idea, or some other signifier for the transition to doll-state, would be necessary. Perhaps in this case a signal or vocal command is the most appropriate. I'm thinking about different ideas for physical representations though....hope others will come in with theirs.

edited for punk-chew-ay-shun

PJ Harvey

Ken Zen Ichi Nyo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:45 am 

The ring was very tight, and it's shape did make accidental turning near impossible.

Now.. With the whole collar/other adornment question, the question is, passive or active?
Should the doll be most dollish when you put, for the sake of argument, we'll say collar, on, or take it off.

I'd say off.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:08 am 

Ok, have been thinking about this a little, and come up with the idea of a ribbon, which could be tied in a neat and pretty bow. The ribbon could be tied to different parts of the body as appropriate (neck, wrist, ankle, upper arm), and perhaps different coloured ribbons could be used to signify different levels or types of protocol for different situations, as specified in the owner's manual. Also, the on/off position mentioned by Rubberwitch would be selectable by the owner.....the transition to doll state could be signalled by the mini-ritual of the ribbon being tied onto the doll (and the time taken to tie the bow could be quite a nice few moments for the doll to gather herself and focus), or the transition could be effected by simply pulling the ribbon to release the bow, signifying the simple release and freedom to enter doll state.

PJ Harvey

Ken Zen Ichi Nyo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:26 pm 

OK, now that I'm back on a decent net-connection, and the board seems to need resuscitating...

Fall Form.

Having a living doll is wonderful, but sometimes, you'd prefer 'doll' to 'living'. A single word, whispered into their ear, and a spreading white bliss suffuses them as the fall back into a state of torpor. to be posed, stored, used, even shared. Is this sleep, hypnotic coma, or immense willpower in the doll to remain unflinching whatever is inflicted?
The question does not need to be answered, it's effects just enjoyed. remember to make your wake commands as distinctive as your fall ones.

My last doll wrote about this a little in the story submitted here