dollification. doll fetish. dolls. dolly. dollie. dollific.

dollification: the process of evolving, mentally and physically, into a "living doll."
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:09 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

How do you prefer a doll to have it's hair?
Barbie-like - long and sexy. Mainly unstyled, maybe straight or a few curls. 21%  21%  [ 23 ]
It must be long, long enough to style, maybe in a Lolita look with ribbons and clips. 34%  34%  [ 38 ]
A doll should have artificial hair that can be changed, so wigs or extensions are best. 22%  22%  [ 24 ]
Bald like a shop mannequin, or their natural hair covered with a bald cap. 9%  9%  [ 10 ]
Anime-like - maybe unnatural colours, maybe an outrageous style. 7%  7%  [ 8 ]
Short and girlishy cute, maybe a 1920's bob. 6%  6%  [ 7 ]
Strictly cropped and controlled. I don't tolerate mess! 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 111
 Post subject: A Doll's Hair
PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:58 pm 

I've done a lot of things with my hair. I've been several different colours, including a few that don't exist in nature, and I've even been bald. However, I'm now trying to grow my hair long enough to put it in a ponytail - I might vow not to cut my hair for two years.
I'm not sure how much doll fetish has influenced this, but many dolls both of the living and inanimate variety seem to have long hair. I know I'd like to be able to wear Lolita-ish hair styles with my hair in bunches.

So, my questions are:
I want to be a doll with long natural hair, but what do you prefer on your doll or as a doll yourself?
If you're a doll, would you agree to have any style your owner chose for you, or would you draw the line at some things?
As a owner/maker would you want a doll who would accept any style you chose, even if it meant dyeing her hair pink or shaving her head, or would you be happy for them to have some say in the matter?

"closing her eyes
to the scattering blossoms...
the doll"
-- Kobayashi Issa

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:35 pm 

An unowned doll should have long, and very well cared for hair. an act of self care in which she prepares herself for ownership by giving her maker/owner the best of materials to work with. This must not be done by sheer vanity, or else you'd have a very hard time if your new owner decided he wants his (or her) canvas...blank

J

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:54 pm 

Rubberwitch, I think that's a very good way to go about it - having long hair would give a potential owner a range of choices. I agree that vanity should not be a big part of a doll's mind. Of course dolls want to look good, but since the 'body as material' aspect is maybe even more important in doll fetish than it is in other forms of consensual slavery, they must be willing to have their hair changed.
However, I'd always emphasise the consensual part, and say that if a potential owner requires an 'abnormal' style such as total baldness or a neon colour, it's something that should be discussed before a committment is made.

On a related note, I'm quite fascinated by hair art/sculpture - while it's probably beyond what most people would be able or be bothered to do, there is something doll-like about it. Maybe it's that it would be totally impractical for everyday living, and would need the wearer to be very careful in order to keep it in place.

Image found here: http://www.gfortytwo.com/

"closing her eyes
to the scattering blossoms...
the doll"
-- Kobayashi Issa

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:38 pm 

Barbie like but a 1920's bob does sound appealing

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:43 am 

Personaly long hair has always been a way. It's the most natural way for a human as hair tends to grow quite long naturaly and I do not think nature intended a human "animal" to be cutting and stiling it.
Mine hair is actualy down to Mine belt.
Now.. for dolls.
It deppends on Mine mood. I definantly love piggy-tails, always have. always will, weather in natural hair or synthetic, the image thrills Me. There is just something fun about piggy-tails on a doll.
as to the other options for a doll's hair I have seen many and they all have their appeal.

Post subject: Re: A Doll's Hair
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:18 am 

unfortunately i have dyed my hair a few different browns which have grown sun bleached but i have shoulder blade length hair that turns into ringlets immediately after washing and i intend to grow it out at least to waist legth (halfway there) and often pigtails are a simple, serviceable and attractive solution to having lots and lots of the stuff. i love straight hair on others but as a rag doll wanna-be i think curls are most natural.

*kissy face*

-Jane

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:45 am 

I wear wigs all the time, i like to change my hair every day depending on my mood...

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:19 pm 

The doll shood have all body hair including the head shaved bald and then ware a wig.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:49 am 

Hi All,

For those looking for something a bit different, you could try a vinyl wig. This has the advantage of looking totally fake and also being more customizable (paint it any color, or even flesh tone if you want a mannequin look for your doll).

I've seen some options for females, but I'll focus on options for guys:

Superman/parted hair-look (would be good for a living Ken doll): http://costume-supercenter.amazonwebsto ... F45Y70.htm

Flat-top/crew cut (might be good for a G.I. Joe, or for a fitness model mannequin): http://www.internetdepartmentstore.com/ ... ce=froogle

http://www.costumes4less.com/products/d ... rms=du1356

Biker/Greaser: http://www.internetdepartmentstore.com/ ... ce=froogle

A few ideas.

JLeer

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 3:43 pm 

It depends on the doll. However for men I demand the hair be long, I simply can't take an interest in a short haired male doll (or a short haired male for that matter)

Female dolls, I like curly lolita looks, bobs with bangs, and any sort of vintage-y hairstyle

But Aren't We All?

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 8:37 pm 

I usually get bored and have a need to change my look often, so I would want my owner to tell me what they would desire and take that into consideration. I like to have platinum blonde hair or a bright red that is long and straight or a short bob. I gravitate towards longer hair since you can try many different looks.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 10:09 pm 

I think the hair of a doll to be chosen by the owner.
However, it is true that certain colors or shapes can give problems in everyday life, but where the owner herself, I believe that the doll must obey.
It is all how far one can trust the wisdom of the owner